Thursday, January 24, 2008
The whole nation (who cares) are probably aware of it right now. The tragic news that has come to me early in this year 2008 is the untimely death of young actor Heath Ledger, my first Aussie crush and one of my short list of favorite Hollywood actors.

I was in Manila when I first heard the news. I came down to breakfast, my friend told me that the news was over at CNN the night before and she thought the name reported was Heath Ledger. The reason said was drug, and I just brushed it off as it strucked me as odd for Heath to be linked to drug. I went up to my room and tuned into CNN....and it turned out to be correct. I was actually rushing out to check out of the hotel but the news kinda strucked me dumb. And it still is. I was moody the whole way back to KL.

Ledger being an actor that I revered highly, I was still pretty much in denial in just how much longer before I can accept that he truly has left this world. With The Dark Knight scheduled to be released in middle of the year, his presence on screen lingers around me and I can't believe that when I were to watch the movie, I will be watching a person already dead whose movie has just been released. This month only, before my trip to Manila, I've rewatched his "A Knight's Tale" and "Casanova". Now, everytime I read a historical novel(which I usually do), I can't stop thinking of him parading in his armor in A Knight's Tale or him jollying around in Casanova.

It is heartbreaking. I am saddened. I can't imagine my movie life without more Ledger in it.
posted by efarina @ 8:17 AM  
 
About Me


Rina
April 26, 1983
University of Wisconsin-Madison
BS Statistics, Class of 2006
Likes: Heavy rain, dramas, learning Japanese
Dislikes: Cheese, mosquitoes, drunken men


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Links
Archives
Affiliates
15n41n1

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker